New Hampshire

Title Application

An application for a certificate of title shall be made by the owner of a motor vehicle to the DMV, on a form prescribed by the DMV.

Residents of New Hampshire are required to apply for a New Hampshire title for any motor vehicle that meets state requirements for a title, including vehicles that are being registered in in the state and any motor vehicle whose manufacturer’s model year is 2000 or newer. All owners that purchase vehicles are required to apply for a new title within 20 days of the date of the sale. A title application must be mailed or delivered to the DMV Title Bureau after preparation by the New Hampshire selling dealer, the New Hampshire Town/City Clerk or the lien holder. Vehicles manufactured before 2000 are not titled, except for heavy trucks with 3 or more axles.

The title application shall contain: (a) the name, residence, and mailing address of the owner; (b) a description of the vehicle including, the make, model, vehicle identification number, model year, type of body, the number of cylinders, and whether the vehicle is new or used; (c) the date purchased by the applicant, the name and address of the person from whom the vehicle was acquired and the names and addresses of any lienholders in the order of their priority and the dates of their security agreements; and (d) if a new vehicle, the application shall be accompanied by the manufacturer’s or importer’s certificate of origin.

If the application for certificate of title refers to a vehicle last previously registered in another state or country, the application shall be accompanied by any certificate of title issued by the other state or country. The certificate shall either be in English or a notarized translation of the certificate shall be provided.

Title Transfer of Ownership

When a used vehicle is sold in New Hampshire, a New Hampshire title shall be signed over to the buyer at the time of the sale unless that vehicle is title exempt. For title exempt vehicles, the seller must provide a properly executed Bill of Sale along with either a current or expired certificate of registration or a valid in- or out-of-state certificate of title. The buyer shall apply for a new title in his or her name at the town/city clerk’s office and register the vehicle. A VIN verification may be required.

In an involuntary transfer, the transferee shall promptly mail or deliver to the DMV the last certificate of title, if available, proof of the transfer, and the application for a new certificate.

Titles for Mobile Homes

Manufactured homes are considered to be real estate.

Registration Application

Motor vehicle registration is a 2-step process. A registration permit must first be obtained from the town or city where the registrant resides. Then, the permit must be taken to a DMV office or municipal agent to complete the state portion of the registration.

The application for the registration of a motor vehicle shall contain: the applicant’s name, mailing address, residential address, birth date, and signature.

The application of any person under the age of 18 to register a vehicle shall be signed by 1 of his parents or a guardian, or in the event there is no parent or guardian, by another responsible adult. This does not apply to a person under the age of 18 years who is emancipated by marriage or who has presented proof of insurance coverage at the time of the application. The person signing may request cancellation by filing written request.

Upon transfer of ownership of any vehicle, its registration shall expire.

No certificate of registration shall be issued to any person under 16 years of age.

There is no grace period for late registration.

Only 3 20-day registrations shall be issued on the same vehicle within a 12-month period.

Registration for Non-Residents

When a non-resident has established a bona fide residency in New Hampshire, he or she shall have a maximum of 60 days from the date on which the residency was established to register the vehicle.

A non-resident who garages a vehicle exclusively in New Hampshire may register such vehicle as a non-resident, once approved by their town or city clerk.

Registration Type

The registration of a motor vehicle shall expire at midnight on the last day of the month in which the first anniversary of the registrant’s birth following the date of issue is observed.

20-Day Registration: Any resident who intends to purchase a vehicle in another state, from another person, or who is unable to register a vehicle because of limited hours of operation of the town clerk in the town where the person resides, may apply to the DMV for a registration to drive the vehicle on the roads of the state for a maximum period of 20 days. The resident shall appear in person at the DMV to obtain such registration and shall sign under penalty of perjury a statement that the vehicle meets all New Hampshire inspection requirements, and in the case of a person seeking an extension of his registration, that he was unable to register the vehicle because of the limited hours of the town clerk, before the 20-day registration may be issued. This type of registration is valid for 20 days. Only one 20-day registration shall be issued during any one calendar year for a vehicle.

In-Transit Registration: The owner of any vehicle intended to be driven upon the roads of the state only for the purpose of transporting the vehicle to another jurisdiction where it is to be registered may apply to the DMV for the issuance of an in-transit registration for such vehicle. The application shall be made on a form furnished by the DMV. If satisfied that the vehicle is to be driven as provided in this section, the DMV shall assign to such vehicle a distinctive number and deliver to the applicant an in-transit registration valid for a period of 20 days from the date of issuance. The registration shall specify the terms and conditions under which the vehicle may be driven upon the roads, and no such vehicle shall be operated in violation of such terms and conditions.  An in-transit registration is only issued for private sale purchases from a NH resident and is only for the purpose of transporting the vehicle to its intended destination.

Emissions Inspection

In addition to normal safety checks, 1996 and newer gasoline-powered and newer diesel-powered vehicles (8500 lbs. GVWR and less) must have a test of an on-board diagnostics system meeting the Federal EPA OBD II standards as part of the inspection process. This test checks whether or not the monitors are working properly and if they are detecting any problems. Visit the New Hampshire OBD and Safety Testing Program for more information.

Safety Inspection

Any vehicle registered by the DMV shall be inspected once a year, during the month of the owner’s birth date. Inspection is to be conducted within ten (10) days of the initial registration. After the initial inspection, registered vehicles must be re-inspected every year, no later than ten (10) days after the end of the owner’s birth month.

All trucks exceeding 18,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight and all school buses exceeding 10,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight, public and private, shall be inspected semi-annually. Newly registered vehicles shall be inspected within 10 days from date of registration.

An inspection sticker shall be valid for the same duration as the vehicle’s registration, which shall not exceed 16 months.

OBD is utilized as part of the state emissions inspection process.

Title and Registration Fees


Title Fee: $25.00

Registration Fee: *By weight.


Title Fee: $25.00

Registration Fee: $15.00


Plate Fee: $8.00 per plate.

Registration Fee: $15.00

Driver’s License Fee: $10.00

Title Fee: $25.00

Special Plates: Varies

*0-3000 lbs. $31.20, 3001-5000 lbs. $43.20, 5001-8000 lbs. $55.20, 8001-73,280 lbs. $ .96 per hundred lbs. gross weight

Plate Disbursement

The DMV shall design and issue to every person whose vehicle is registered a license plate or plates.

Every vehicle driven on any road, if required to be registered, shall have one or more reflectorized number plates displayed with any current validation sticker issued by the DMV or an authorized agent.

Registration plates for passenger vehicles shall display the state motto “Live Free or Die.”  Plates are required to be kept clean.

Special license plates or hanging placards for disabled drivers are available by application to DMV. Letter from physician attesting to disability and possession of New Hampshire driver’s license or non-driver ID is required.  All applicants must prove residency.

Transfer of Plates

The new owner of a vehicle may be issued the same registration number as previously given to the vehicle if the owner applies to the DMV or municipal agent for registration and submits a written statement indicating the release of the plates to the new owner regardless of the plate type.

The owner of a vehicle may transfer the registration number between vehicles if the owner registers the new vehicle and is the primary owner on the registration.

Driver's License Examination

The DMV administers three tests for Driver Licensing: a vision, a knowledge and a road test. The vision and knowledge tests are given on a first-come, first served walk-in basis only. Appointments are not made for knowledge tests but applicants must arrive at the DMV office no later than 3:30 p.m. for an operator or motorcycle test or 3:00 p.m. for a commercial test. Appointments are required for road tests; however, are only scheduled once all required knowledge tests have been passed. Scheduling of road exams is based on the availability of appointments at each driver licensing location. All road test vehicles must be fully registered and in safe operating condition. If the road test vehicle is required to have an inspection sticker, it must be up to date.

The DMV shall issue driver’s licenses only to applicants whose visual acuity is between 20/40 and 20/70. No license may be issued to an applicant whose visual acuity is worse than 20/40 in both eyes, or worse than 20/30 if there is vision only in 1 eye, unless special consideration is granted by the DMV.

Graduated Driver's Licensing

New Hampshire has a system of graduated licensing for novice drivers.

At age 15 ½, individuals may practice driving if accompanied in the front seat by a parent, legal guardian, or other licensed adult who is 25 years of age or older.

At age 16, individuals who have successfully completed driver education are eligible for a Youth Operator’s License, which expires on the holder’s 21st birthday.

  • For the first 6 months, the youth operator may have no more than 1 passenger (other than family members) under 25 in the vehicle.
  • The driver shall not operate a motor vehicle between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.
  • No holder shall operate a motor vehicle when the number of occupants exceeds the number of passenger restraints in the vehicle.
  • Youth operator must accumulate 40 hours of supervised driving with 10 hours at night.

At age 18, drivers are eligible for an unrestricted license.

Driver education is required for all license applicants under age 18.

Driver’s License Issuance/Application

Applicants for a driver’s license must provide the following on a form provided by the DMV: (1) legal name; (2) residence address; (3) mailing address; (4) social security number, unless a waiver is requested and granted; (5) date of birth; (6) sex, height, weight, color of eyes, color of hair; (7) class(es) of driver’s license(s) desired; (8) where last driver’s license, if any, was held; and (9) proof of completion of an approved driver education course as a prerequisite of a non-resident. Licenses may be available for applicants without a permanent street address in certain circumstances.

The following certified statements are also required: the applicant has paid all resident taxes for which he is liable; the applicant, if required, has filed with the DMV an insurance certificate; the applicant has no physical or mental handicap that would be detrimental or incapacitate the applicant from holding a license; the applicant does not hold a license in any other jurisdiction; and the applicant’s driving privileges are not subject to or under disqualification, suspension, or revocation by any jurisdiction. The signature of the applicant is also required.

No person shall drive any motor vehicle unless such person has a valid driver’s license.

Every person driving a motor vehicle shall have their driver’s license on their person or in the vehicle in some easily accessible place.

License normally includes a digital image. License does not include social security number.

Driver's License Renewal

All licenses shall expire on the 5th anniversary of the license holder’s date of birth following the date of issuance.

The DMV shall notify each holder of a license by mail addressed to the holder’s last known address, 30 days prior to the expiration date of a place and time where he or she shall appear for the issuance of a new license.

An applicant for a renewal driver’s license shall complete the vision screening examination. The DMV may require applicants for a license renewal to complete a road performance evaluation.

Any person who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and who, at the time of induction, call to active duty, or enlistment into the U.S. Armed Forces for 2 or more years, was a resident of New Hampshire and was a holder of a valid New Hampshire license to drive a motor vehicle in New Hampshire, is entitled to renewal of such license without cost. The spouse of any resident of New Hampshire on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces is able to renew his or her driver’s license through the mail; however, the fee is not waived.

Types of Driver's Licenses

Class D: Non-Commercial Operator’s License. May also be “moped only,” “motorcycle only,” or “motorcycle also.”

Class A Commercial: Authorizes holder to drive a combination of vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of over 26,000 lbs. while towing over 10,000 lbs.

Class B Commercial: Authorizes holder to drive a single vehicle or a combination of vehicles with a GVWR over 26,000 lbs. while towing under 10,000 lbs.

Class C Commercial: Authorizes holder to drive a vehicle with a GVWR under 26,000 lbs. while transporting hazardous wastes or 16 or more passengers.

Distracted Driving

Handheld cell phone use, text messaging, or the use of two hands to type on or operate an electronic or telecommunications device is prohibited for all drivers. All wireless device use is prohibited for all drivers under age 18. Anyone who drives a vehicle negligently or causes a vehicle to be driven negligently, or in a manner that endangers or is likely to endanger any person or property shall be guilty of a violation.


No prohibition on wearing of headsets while driving.

Impaired Driving

Forty-nine states and the District of Columbia prohibit the operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of intoxicating beverages, with the illegal per se limit set at 0.08 percent blood alcohol content (.08 BAC). Utah’s per se limit is 0.05 BAC. All 50 states and the District of Columbia set the legal drinking age at 21.

Every state’s chemical test law has ‘‘an implied consent’’ provision providing that any person operating a motor vehicle on a public highway, who is suspected of driving while intoxicated, consents to a chemical test to determine if he or she is inebriated. Failure to submit or pass such a test may cause the driver’s license to be suspended or revoked regardless of any court action finding the person innocent of the charge.

The most comprehensive resource on U.S. impaired driving laws is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Digest of Impaired Driving and Selected Beverage Control Laws.  NHTSA’s Digest is updated annually.

New Hampshire requires the use of ignition interlocks for all impaired driving offenders.

Move Over Law

State law requires drivers approaching a crash or emergency area to slow to a safe speed and give wide berth to emergency vehicles displaying flashing lights, including towing, recovery, and highway maintenance vehicles.

Seat Belts

The state does not have a seat belt law for adults.

Riding in the cargo area of a pickup truck is permitted.

Child Passenger Safety

Seat belts are required for all passengers under age 18.

Children  under age 7 and under 57 inches must be properly fastened and secured by a child passenger restraint system.

Violation of the child restraint law is a standard offense.

Railroad Crossing

Driver’s approaching a railroad grade crossing under any of the following circumstances shall stop within 50 feet but not less than 15 feet from the nearest rail: a clearly visible electric or mechanical signal device gives warning of the immediate approach of a train; a crossing gate is lowered or a flagman gives or continues to give a signal of approach; a railroad train approaching within approximately 1,500 feet of the crossing emits a signal audible from such a distance that such train is an immediate hazard; or an approaching train is plainly visible and is in hazardous proximity to such crossing.

No person shall drive any vehicle through, around, or under any crossing or barrier at a railroad crossing while such a gate or barrier is closed or is being opened or closed.

The driver of any vehicle carrying passengers for hire, or any school bus carrying any school child, before crossing any railroad tracks, shall stop the vehicle within 50 feet but not less than 15 feet from the nearest rail of such railroad and, while stopped, shall listen and look in both directions for any approaching train, and for signals indicating the approach of a train, and shall not proceed until driver can do so safely.

School Buses

The driver of a vehicle upon any road upon meeting or overtaking from either direction any school bus, which has stopped on the highway for the purpose of receiving or discharging school children, shall stop the vehicle before reaching such school bus but at least 25 feet away from such school bus. The driver shall not proceed until such school bus resumes motion, or until flashing red lights cease to operate.

Bumper Height

The height of a bumper of a private passenger vehicle must be between 16 and 20 inches from the ground.

The height of a bumper of any vehicle other than a private passenger vehicle must be between 16 and 30 inches from the ground.

Headlight Use

Headlights are required to be on 1/2 hour after sundown to 1/2 hour before sunrise, in inclement weather, or when visibility is reduced to less than 1,000 feet.

Hazard Light Use

Hazard light use is permitted while driving.

Tire Chains

Tire chain usage is permitted for hazardous weather or other related incidents only, but may not damage the highway surface.

Studded Tires

Studded tires are permitted.

Glass/Window Tinting

No person shall drive a vehicle, registered in New Hampshire, which has after-market tinting installed on the windshield or on the windows to the left and right of the driver.

After-market tinting may be applied to the windows to the rear of the driver if such vehicle has rearview mirrors located on both the left and right sides of the vehicle. However, the light transmittance of after-market tinted windows shall not be less than 35%.

Persons who require after-market tinting on the windshield or on the windows to the left and right of the driver for medical reasons may apply to the DMV for a special permit.

After-market tinting of the 6-inch strip at the top of the windshield of any vehicle is allowed so long as the light transmittance of the strip is not less than 35%.

Video Screens

No person shall drive a motor vehicle while viewing a broadcast television image or a visual image from an image display device when the vehicle is in motion, or with an image display device intended to be visible to the driver in a normal driving position when the vehicle is in motion and when restrained by the vehicle seat belts adjusted in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.

Does not apply to image display devices are disabled when in motion, devices displaying images that provide the driver with navigation and related traffic, road, and weather information; providing vehicle information, controls, or information related to the driving task; or devices used to enhance or supplement the driver’s view forward, behind, to the sides of the motor vehicle, or to monitor vehicle occupants seated rearward of the driver.

Radar Detectors

Radar detectors are permitted for passenger vehicles but prohibited for use by commercial vehicles.

Windshield Stickers

No person shall drive any vehicle with a sign, poster, sticker, or other non-transparent material upon or adjacent to the front windshield, sidewings, or side or rear windows of such vehicle which shall obstruct the driver’s clear view of the road, unless such material is required by law. Stickers or other nontransparent material are allowed on a rear window if the vehicle has exterior rearview mirrors on both sides and the stickers are along the perimeter without obstructing the center of the window.

Other Equipment Rules

New Hampshire is party to the Non-Resident Violator Compact.

Drivers may not operate continuously in the left lane of a multilane roadway whenever it impedes the flow of other traffic at or below the posted speed limit unless reasonable and prudent under the conditions.

Motorcycle Equipment

If a motorcycle is not equipped with a windshield or screen which protects the driver’s eyes and face when the driver is sitting erect, the driver shall wear either eyeglasses, goggles, or a protective face shield when driving the motorcycle.  Protective headgear is required for motorcycle operators or passengers under age 18.

Every motorcycle, driven during the period between one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise, and whenever rain, snow, or fog shall interfere with the proper view of the road so that persons and vehicles on the road are not clearly discernible at a distance of 1,000 feet ahead, shall display at least 1 lighted head-lamp on the front. The headlamp shall throw sufficient light ahead to make clearly visible all vehicles, persons, or substantial objects within a distance of 150 feet. All headlamps shall be designed to prevent glaring rays. All headlamps shall be located at a height of not more than 54 inches or less than 24 inches from the ground.

Motorcycles must be equipped with:

  • A stop lamp in working order at all times.
  • Directional signals, if registered in New Hampshire, which was manufactured after January 1, 1973.
  • On the rear, whether as part of the tail lamps or separately, 1 red reflector.

It shall be illegal to drive a motorcycle with improvised, defective, or repaired handlebars.

Every motorcycle shall have footrests for each person driving or riding.

Every motorcycle shall have a rearview mirror.

A person operating a motorcycle shall ride only upon the permanent and regular seat attached thereto. Such driver shall not carry any other person nor shall any other person ride on a motorcycle unless such motorcycle is designed to carry more than 1 person.

A person shall ride upon a motorcycle only while sitting astride the seat, facing forward, with 1 leg on each side of the motorcycle.

While driving a motorcycle, the driver must keep both hands on the handlebars.

Motorcycle Licenses

Motorcycle Learner’s Permit: Upon application, the DMV shall issue a motorcycle learner’s permit to a person age 18 or older or to a person who is 16 or 17 and has successfully completed an approved driver education course and holds a valid NH drivers license. Applicants for such permit shall furnish proof of their fitness to drive a motorcycle, including either passing a of a written basic motorcycle knowledge test or successful completion of the motorcycle rider education program.

A motorcycle learner’s permit shall permit the holder of such permit to drive a motorcycle on any road after sunrise and before sunset. Passengers are prohibited. The permit shall be valid for 45 days from the date of issuance or until the holder of the permit obtains a special license to drive motorcycles.

Class D: Non-Commercial Operator’s License. May also be “moped only,” “motorcycle only” or “motorcycle also.”

Motorcycle Noise Limits

No person shall operate a motorcycle which has a measured noise level of more than the following:

  • For all motorcycles, 92 decibels while the engine is operating at idle speed; or
  • For motorcycles with less than 3 or more than 4 cylinders, 96 decibels while the engine is operating at 2,000 revolutions per minute or 75 percent of maximum engine speed, whichever is less; or
  • For 3 and 4 cylinder motorcycles, 100 decibels while the engine is operating at 5,000 revolutions per minute or 75 percent of maximum engine speed, whichever is less.

Mopeds & Other

No person may drive a moped upon any road in New Hampshire without a current valid driver’s license issued by any state, a special motorcycle license issued by any state, or a special moped license or endorsement, a 3-wheeled motorcycle endorsement, or a motorcycle learner’s permit.

No person shall drive a moped in the night time at a speed greater than 35 mph unless such moped is equipped with a lighted headlamp or lamps which are adequate to reveal a person or vehicle at a distance of 300 feet ahead.

Tail lamps and stop lamps are also required for mopeds.

No person shall operate a moped, except 1 equipped with clipless pedals, unless such moped has pedals equipped with a reflector that is visible from the front and rear of the moped from a distance of 200 feet.

No person, during darkness, shall operate a moped equipped with clipless pedals unless the operator is wearing either reflectorized leg bands on the lower exterior of either the operator’s legs or shoes.

Every moped shall be equipped with a brake or brakes which will enable its driver to stop the moped within 25 feet from a speed of 10 mph on dry, level, clean pavement.

Trailer Dimensions

Total length: 53 feet; trailer length: not stated; motor home length: 45 feet (excluding bumpers); width: 8 feet 6 inches (for motor homes, excluding appurtenances up to 6 inches); height: 13 feet 6 inches.

Trailer Brakes

No motor vehicle trailer or semi-trailer shall be driven on the ways of this state unless equipped with adequate brakes in good working order and sufficient to control the said vehicle at all times.  Does not apply to a motor vehicle trailer or semi-trailer with a gross weight of less than 3,000 pounds if the axle weight of the towed vehicle does not exceed 40 percent of the sum of the rated axle weights of the towing vehicle.

Every combination of motor vehicle with a trailer or semitrailer when driven upon the roadways of the state shall at a speed of 20 mph be capable, at all times and under all conditions, of stopping on a dry, smooth, approximately level pavement free from loose material, upon application of the foot or service brake, within a distance of 30 feet.

Trailer Hitch/Signals

Ball hitch shall be mounted on bumper or secured to frame; safety chain is required.

Trailer Lighting

The tail lamps and reflectors on trailers may be located at a height of less than 20 inches from the ground, provided they are placed in such a manner as to indicate the extreme width of the vehicle and load, and the visibility of reflectors is not impaired at any time.

It shall be unlawful for any person to pull any trailer unless it is equipped with a stop lamp in working order at all times.

It shall be unlawful for any person to pull a trailer registered in New Hampshire, which was manufactured after January 1, 1952, unless such a vehicle is equipped with directional signals.

Every trailer, when driven at night, shall have on the rear, 1 lamp, displaying a red light visible for a distance of at least 1000 feet, and a white light illuminating the registration plate of such vehicle so that the characters thereon shall be visible for a distance of at least 50 feet. All tail lamps shall be located at a height of not more than 72 inches nor less than 20 inches from the ground. On a combination of vehicles, only the taillamp on the rearmost vehicle need actually be seen from the distance specified.

Every trailer and semitrailer, with a weight of 3,000 lbs. or more, when driven on the roads at night, shall have displayed on the body or load carrying portion of the vehicle, the following: on each side, 1 amber reflector, located at or near the front, and 1 red reflector located at or near the rear. Such reflectors shall be located not less than 24 nor more than 48 inches from the ground. The visibility of any such reflector shall not be impaired at any time.

Trailer Mirrors

No person shall drive upon any road any motor vehicle so loaded that the driver is prevented from having a constantly free and unobstructed view of the road immediately in the rear, unless there is attached to the vehicle a mirror or reflector so placed and adjusted as to afford the driver a clear, reflected view of the road in the rear of the vehicle.

Trailer Speed Limits

House trailers, 45 mph.

Trailer Towing

Every trailer or semitrailer, including farm and agricultural vehicles, shall have, in addition to the towbar or coupling device, a safety chain or cable to prevent breakaway from the towing vehicle. Each chain or cable shall have an ultimate strength at least equal to the gross weight of the trailer and the load being towed. Chains or cables shall be connected to the towed and towing vehicle to prevent the towbar from dropping to the ground in the event the towbar fails.

Except for duly registered wrecking vehicles and transporters or motor vehicles towing with a chain or cable for no more than 1 mile another vehicle which is disabled and unable to proceed under its own power, no motor vehicle shall be used to tow another vehicle on any road unless the 2 vehicles are connected by a tow bar of sufficient strength to control the movements of the vehicle being towed without manual steering of said towed vehicle.

No vehicle may tow on any road more than 1 vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer, except one used exclusively for agricultural purposes or authorized by the DMV to do so.

No person or persons shall occupy any type of house trailer or automobile utility trailer while it is towed.

Trailer Other Provisions


Accident Reporting

Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1000.00.

The deadline to file a report is 15 days.

Liability Laws

State has security-type law applicable in the event of accident causing property damage in excess of $1,000 or personal injury death.

State also has future proof law requiring motorists to show financial responsibility after conviction of certain serious traffic offenses.

State has non-resident service of process law; does not have guest suit law.

All drivers are required to have insurance liability policies of at least $25,000 for bodily injury or death to any 1 person, $50,000 for bodily injury or death to 2 or more persons, and $25,000 for injury to and destruction of property in any 1 accident.